Jul 21, 2009

Dennett Vacation Trifecta Part II HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC

Hilton Head Island was a tropical paradise. I really didn't know what to expect about the east coast. I've always gone to the pacific side or the Gulf of Mexico. I was pleasantly surprised. This beach was made for Carsen. He just started walking 2 weeks ago and now that's all he wants to do. He was all over the beach. Nothing seemed to phase him. He learned how to dig in the sand and put it in his bucket. He also learned how to eat the sand. He didn't seem to mind it.  Overall I give the vacation a perfect 10. The weather was incredible. Highs were in the 80's. I have a lot pictures from this leg of the vacation so I hope you enjoy them. 

Carsen's first walk on the beach. 


When we got there it was low tide. So it made it easier for Carsen to play in the water without freaking out. 

Ok. Now we are getting braver. 

Mommy showing Carsen how to dig in wet sand. He was so cute!

I Love the Beach!

Carsen had sand EVERYWHERE! 

Look Mommy... I want to leave my mark in the sand. 

Where are those darn crabs hiding?

Mary teaching Carsen how to fly his first kite. Spider man 

Mommy and Daddy chillaxin...

Carsen would find and play with anything. Very self entertaining.

The family... Carsen was not in the mood. He wanted to head for the water.

Carsen and Daddy hanging out on the lifeguard stand... too cute!


I love this picture.  This captured the moment just right.

Me at 25 weeks. 
The essence of Carsen. 

Another favorite shot... 

 My social butterfly.  Everyone would stop us and make a comment about the color of his hair. Other kids on the beach would want to play with him.  Such a friendly family enviroment.

Travis and Carsen having one last moment together before we had to say good bye...

2 comments:

Lara said...

Those are GREAT photos!! It looks like ya'll had tons of fun. Makes me want to go to the beach now. Like right now! Carsen is too cute!

Kylie said...

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the pictures. You did a great job capturing the moment. I am going to steal your writing in the sand idea.