Jul 21, 2009

Dennett Vacation Trifecta: Part I SAVANNAH, GA

Hmm... Where to start? This started out to be "my" well deserved vacation. All about me.. me.. me. I had it all planned. Even down to bringing Mary to babysit. Seven days, 3 cities, and lots of food.  Well as you can see by the first picture this quickly turned into "Carsen's" vacation. LOL! It was the most amazing trip.  I realized that there is no better way to see or visit a new place without seeing it through your child's eyes.  Everything revolved around him and it was all worth it. Savannah is one the most beautiful American cities. It is so rich in culture and tradition. Absolutely breath taking. I couldn't fit all 400 pictures in the blog but I will have 3 posts with my favorite moments. 

First stop Savannah GA. 
OK Daddy... I'm ready to go!! 

Mary and Carsen chilling to some cool music...

Our flight was perfect. 

First official drink of the trip. Of course this is Travis and Mary. I enjoyed a water.

Mary and Travis enjoying some Vinny Go Go's pizza. Best pizza EVER according to Travis. This was a "shake" from the iphone urbanspoon application. We got real lucky. That application saved our tummies. We used it every time we went out to eat. We never had a bad meal.  

We didn't have much time in Savannah so we made the most of it on foot. We covered the entire historic district in 5 hours. Mary was the navigator and of course she lost the map. She would never make it on Dora the Explorer.  The city is famous for it's architecture, historic squares, and of course southern cuisine. The only thing we unable to make was Paula Deans restaurant. Maybe next time.  
We stopped and ate at Huey's on the famous Riverfront Street for lunch. Travis had his first beignet. He ordered them for an appetiser and again for desert. Yes he had 2 orders of them. Yummy!

This is one of the famous squares of Savannah, Chippewa Square. This is where Forest Gump was filmed.  Travis is posing with the statue. In case you didn't catch that. What a cutie!

Speaking of cuties....


Down on the riverfront looking at the boats.

The Cathedral of John the Baptist. I look so pregnant here. This is why I avoided the camera the entire trip. 

4 hours and 30 minutes later....

Savannah is covered in Live Oak Trees. I've never seen trees so beautiful. 

Stayed tuned.... 2 more legs to the trifecta!!!

2 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

How fun! I want a vacation!!

Tamra Maddux said...

Looks amazing! I'm glad you are back!