Jan 19, 2011

Bye Bye Baby Bed {So Sad}

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to take Carsen out of his "toddler bed" and move him into a big boy bed... well the jury is still out. He loves it and Chloe does too! Our nap and bedtime routines have been a little difficult but we are working out the kinks {clear throat}. I'm trying to stay positive. At least I get to spend more one on one time with my little guy... right? Carsen is now 2.5 and he's been potty trained for 4 months and now we have removed the pull ups at night. So I thought it was time to take him out of the baby bed. I have to admit I did shed a tear or two when we were carrying out the crib. So many memories. Like when I laid him in it for the first time at 1 year of age. Or how he threw up every night for 6 months because he didn't want to go to bed alone. Yea, I think its time to move on. I'm just sad to see my baby grow up so fast.


Carsen took part in putting his bed together. He is always such a big help.

Chloe... " I want to help"

Taking turns handing Travis the parts...

This was one excited boy!

Woo Hoo!!! I'm a big boy!

Over the next few months I will be transforming the jungle room into a vintage firetruck room. If anyone knows of someone who would like to purchase my jungle decor let me know! His room is fully loaded. All wall art and baby bedding must go. I even know a good artist to finish it off!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Yeah, it's weird. He's still a baby! The bed looks really good in there. Carsen looks totally pumped up about it!!