Mar 4, 2011

Bless The Memories Within Your Heart....

730 days and counting.... I miss you!

Just take a long look at this picture. Can you see the love and sweetness in his face. This picture is popular with the "Wolf Pack". I think we all have it in our homes. This is who he was, laid back, kindhearted and one funny guy. He was always keeping us laughing. Even down to his final hours. I couldn't imagine the humility he was going through having his kids taking care of him but he always made some kind of witty joke out of it to turn the humility around on us. He definitely left a lasting impression with all of us and whomever he met. I'm honored to have been his daughter and friend.

After my dad passed away, I was looking through the things on his desk for the memorial/funeral. I found this poem tape up next to his laptop. I had never seen it there before. It was like he left it for me to find and it was his goodbye letter. He never said goodbye to me which frustrated me. He would always say he's going to beat it and smile. But now I realize after reading this poem a 100 times what he was really saying to me. Just read it and you might understand as well.

It's weird, when I read it I can actually hear his voice.

"To Those I Love And Those Who Love Me"

When I am gone, release me, let me go,
I have so many things to see and do,
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears
Be thankful for our beautiful years.
I gave you my love and you can only guess,
How much you gave in happiness.
I thank you for the love each of you have shown
But now it's time I travel alone.
So grieve a while for me, if grieve you must,
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a time that we must part,
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far way, for life goes on,
And if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you cant see or touch me, I'll be near,
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear,
All my love around you soft and clear,
And then, when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with at smile
and say "Welcome Home."
Absent from the body; present with the Lord.

by Fawn Donaldson


Please take a moment to say a prayer for my family who's hearts are feeling pretty heavy today! Thank you! XOXO!

6 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

I can only imagine how you are feeling today, but I know your dad is smiling down on you. He knows how much you loved him. This brought tears to my eyes. Hugs!

Kylie said...

I am praying for you today, I know how much you miss him. He is one proud papa as he looks down on you and your kiddos. Love you!

The Winter Family said...

Big tears rolling down my cheeks for you. Praying that your dreams be flooded with memories of your precious Dad! Love you!

Hampshire Family said...

Beautiful post A!! I know he is looking down at you and your family with such joy and happiness. XOXO

Lara said...

I just now read this!! So amazing Amanda, you are making him smile right now! I miss the big Daddy Wolf too.

G'ma Ulli said...

Love the poem, Amanda -- I've never heard it expressed quite like that; also an Awesome photo--sending hugs for the kiddos...