May 15, 2010

Surprise Katie!!!!

Operation "Surprise Katie" was a SUCCESS! Katie is the one in our group who is always planning dinners, girls night out, bunco etc., for us so surprising her with a baby shower was the only way to go! It was so much fun planning. The neighborhood girls can throw one heck of a party. And I never knew how handy Kylie is on the grill. Yummy! I hosted the party at my house and prayed for the rain to stay away. It wasn't until an hour before the shower that we decided to keep it to "plan A"(outside) but and hour into it we quickly switched to "plan B"(inside). Overall the night was beautiful. I love our neighborhood. In case you can't figure out from the pictures it was a Sock Monkey theme. And if you know me you know I'm CRAZY about sock monkeys! I had fun putting the decorations together. Enjoy!

Cupcake toppers I made. I've seen these all over the blogging world so I thought I would give it a try. With a little help from Etsy and lots of wine they turned out great!

Emily made the most AMAZING red velvet and lemon cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Ummm...yummy!!
Our guest of honor.
The rest of the pictures are of the settings and tables. The decor I used is from Willow House
(formally known as Southern Living)
Thanks Myssy for allowing me to shop at your house.







The best gift EVER. I got one from my friend Lauren and Chloe loves it. I must share good gifts.
The Ladies of Ashwood... LOL!


3 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

It was an amazing surprise!!! I've never had anyone surprise me like that so it meant sooo much! LOVE you girls!!!!!

Lara said...

I'm not an Ashwood girl. I wish I was!! I may just move over there by myself...lol.

The Saras Family said...

YOU MUST MUST MUST help me make some 'cowboy bbq' cupcake toppers...or little things to go in mason jars for a baby shower we are doing here.