May 9, 2010

What Mother's Day Means To Me....

I don't think you can truly appreciate your mom until you become one. When I think back on all the joy, love, heart ache, and sacrifices my mom has endured over the years by raising seven kids it amazes me. She is the rock of the family and the super glue that holds us together. She has obviously done an incredible job because I can say that my brothers and sisters are all my BEST friends. I hope that one day Carsen and Chloe will say the same.

When I think about Mothers Day growing up it brings me a warm, loving and even sad feeling. I could laugh and cry at the same time. What I remember is waking up early and sneaking in the kitchen and my Dad would be making her breakfast. We would go outside and cut her flowers from the garden and put them in a vase. Then all the kids would run in her room and jump on the bed. She always acted surprised and had a way of making each one of us feel special. We would each tell her our contribution to the breakfast and give her the card we had made. Dad would always run get his camera and take pictures. We called it the "wolf pack family communion" (inside joke... catholic thing ha! ha!) The part that makes me sad is missing my Dad. He played such a big role in making Mothers' Day special.

So Travis when you ask me what I want for Mother's day, there you go! No need for fancy gifts or cards all I want is to be surround by the love of the family we have made together. DOG PILE MOMMY!!!! And that is what Mothers Day means to me. XOXO!

Happy Mothers Day to everyone!





1 comment:

Lara said...

So did he make up for it? I hope so, that little toot. Anyway this was very sweet. I should've done it!! Great picture by the way.