Dec 9, 2010

The BEST Dad In The World!


This week was my Dad's birthday {December 6th}. It was a pretty rough day for me. Someone told me to just have a conversation with him like he was here. So here it goes.... Sorry to bore you.

Me- Hi Dad! Happy Birthday!!! Do you feel 71? Haha!

Dad- Hi panda! I feel fine. Happier than a dead pig in the sunshine. Ahh... its just another birthday. We all have to have one.

Me- Well guess what? Chloe is now climbing on top of the coffee table and jumping off. I will be in the ER sooner than later. The girl has no fear. She is repeating words that we are saying, and says them when she is supposed to without us cuing her. Craziness. Her and Carsen are two peas in a pod. What ever he does she repeats it and vice verse. Most the time Carsen follows her and repeats what she's doing or saying. A little regression but its funny to watch. You were right about the daddy and daughter thing. Chloe and Travis are inseparable. But I think its the cutest thing EVER!!! She has your eyes!!!! I see you in them all the time. She's has a little of and attitude. We are going to have our hands full with her.

Dad-I told you that girls have way of doing that. I love all my girls. My boys... well... LoL
How's my little Carsen?

Me- Well talk about crazy. Carsen says the funniest things all day everyday. I wonder where he hears some of the things he says. He loves being outside and helping Travis around the house. He is his little shadow. He's too smart for his own good. Do you have any big birthday plans?

Dad- nah you know me... I have a date with CSI and Criminal Minds. Well is there anything else you want to tell me?

Me- I love you and you are the BEST Daddy in the world!

Dad- No I love you more....

Me- Have a good Birthday and I Miss you! I hope to see you real soon!

Dad- Me too baby girl. Take care of my babies and Travis!

Bye....

Ahhh.... I feel better now. Thanks for listening.:-)

Travis and I have decided to make my Dad's Birthday a annual Holiday in our family. So instead of being sad. I want to celebrate his life and everything he meant to me. I want my children to know what an AWESOME Grandfather they have watching over them from heaven. And yes there will be presents involved... for the kids of course.



7 comments:

Tamra Maddux said...

You are amazing. I just wanted you to know that. After reading this, I wish that I had had the chance to know your father better. Love you.

Hampshire Family said...

So AMAZING!! What a lucky daddy to have you as a daughter!! Miss you..xoxo

lisaburgess27 said...

Such a beautiful post Amanda! sniff sniff...

The Johnson Family 5 said...

tears....so sweet!

Myssy said...

Amanda, You totally pegged dad! I was laughing and crying reading this...I wish he was still here to see our kids grow up together...Love the video! I love you so much...
Big sis
Myssy

kawalker15 said...

You make me cry and smile too.

Lara said...

Wow, that was amazing Amanda. I am just now catching up on the blog world. You had me running for the tissues...and that video...you did good. That sounded just like him and I could hear him saying it. Miss him.